No files submitted.
||Unidentified Publisher, n.d.(ca.1883 or after).
||Unidentified Publisher, n.d. (with new titles inserted at the beginning of each of the 3 poems- note the font - and much identifying material removed?)
||3 Modern Greek Poems
||3 novořecké básně
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
- Kolijas (Klepht song) / Koljas (Píseň kleftská)
- Nereids (ballad) / Nereidy (balada)
- Parga's Lament (heroic song) / Žalozpěv Pargy (písen hrdinná)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1878 August 22 (date on piano manuscript)
||1878 November 17 (orchestra)
||1883 – Breslau: Julius Hainauer
||Modern (?) Greek folk poetry, translated by Václav Bolemír Nebeský (1818–1882)
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
The Lied, Art Song, and Choral Texts Archive
- Composed for voice and orchestra, 1878 (= B.84a) (this version has been lost.)
- For voice and piano by Dvořák, 1878 (= B.84b).
B.84a described as arrangement at Dvorak site, but in the absence of a dated manuscript or other evidence (?) and since it was premiered first, there is no reason to give priority to either version (arrangement in the 19th century could as often mean layout, specific orchestration, instrumentation, rather than a sign that the result was not the original form (the result was "only an arrangement"))