||Moscow: Yuri Gilkner, 1895. Plate М. 184 Л.
||3 Songs, Op.15
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
- От солнца лилия пугливо…
- Когда б я был, красавица, царем
- Эльзасская баллада - Alsatian Ballade
(also arr. for mixed, or women choir)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
- Apollon Maykov, after Heinrich Heine
- Mikhail Delarue (1811-1868), after Victor Hugo
- M. Volkhonsky
||1. To Gerasim Ryabinin; 3. To Varvara Zaprudnaya*
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
Also known as 2 Romances, Op. 15a and Alsatian Ballade, Op.15 No. 3. Alsatian Ballade was published in 1895 and other two were published in 1896.
- Gerasim Ryabinin - baritone, performed in Tiflis Opera House; Varvara Zaprudnaya was composer's future wife. They both sang in Tchaikovsky's opera "Mazeppa" (in 1886 Tchaikovsky himself attended the performance).