||3 Duos élémentaires
||Alard, Jean Delphin
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
||3 (later 4)
- in C major (Letter A)
- in G major (Letter B)
- in D major (Letter C)
- in B-flat major (Letter D)
||1851 – Mainz: Schott
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Included in the category Easy Works for Violin. Both violin parts of Nos, 1 and 2 can be played entirely in first position. Nos. 3-4 1st to 3rd.
- 3 Duos élémentaires (Hofmeister's Monatsbericht (1851), p.210)
- 4me Duo élémentaire (Hofmeister's Monatsbericht (1854), p.511)
- Version with piano accompaniment by E. W. Ritter (Hofmeister's Monatsbericht (1891), p.78)
- New edition by Heinrich Dessauer, 1907.Einzel-Ausgabe, No.08612
Mainz: pub imprint*, 1907. Plate 08612.
The duos from Alard's three sets of duos (Opp.22, 23, 27) were eventually assigned both letter designations (A to M) and book designations (1 to 12). Op.22 would be letters A to D and books 1 to 4.
- Op.22 no.4 is in B-flat, as confirmed by the Royal Dutch Library's copy of the Dessauer edition of same.