5 Mélodies populaires grecques (Ravel, Maurice)
No files submitted.
Paris: Durand & Fils, 1906. Plates D. & F. 6683-6687
(D. & F. 12,236 was used in the 1932 collection
Douze chants avec accompagnement de piano and on later reprints of this work.)
Russian / French
Selected Vocal Works
Moscow: Muzyka, 1983. Plate 12267.
|Work Title||5 Mélodies populaires grecques|
|Alternative Title||5 Greek folk songs|
|Opus/Catalogue Number||M.A 9, 10, 4, 5, 11|
|Year/Date of Composition||1904-06|
|Librettist||Michel Dimitri Calvocoressi (1877–1944), based on traditional Greek songs|
- Composed for voice and piano in 1904 (Nos.3 & 4) and 1905–06 (Nos.1, 2 & 5)
- No.1 was arranged for voice and orchestra by Ravel at an unknown date, under the title Le réveil de la mariée
- No.5 was also arranged for voice and orchestra by Ravel at an unknown date.
- Nos.2 to 4 were arranged for voice and orchestra by Manuel Rosenthal (1904–2003), and published with Ravel's orchestrations of the other two songs in the set.
- Three other songs written for this set in 1904 have been lost. They were: A vous, oiseaux des plaines, Chanson de pâtre épirote, and Mon mouchoir, hélas, est perdu (M.A 6, 7 & 8)