This page is only for complete editions and multiple selections from the collection here. For most arrangements and editions, see|
the separate pages for individual works linked in the General Information section below.
||London: Welcker, n.d.
||6 Symphonies, Op.3
||Six simphonies à deux violons, deux hautbois, deux cors de chasse, alto viola et basse
||Bach, Johann Christian
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
||Op.3 ; W.C 1-6
- Symphony in D major, W.C 1
- Symphony in C major, W.C 2
- Symphony in E♭ major, W.C 3
- Symphony in B♭ major, W.C 4
- Symphony in F major, W.C 5
- Symphony in G major, W.C 6
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Orchestra: 2 oboes, 2 horns, strings
According to Grove Music, these were "arr. Bach as Six Overtures Composed and Adapted for the Harpsichord (c1769)". However, RISM uses "overtures" for the 8-part version.