No files submitted.
||New York: Edward Schuberth & Co., 1881, 1882x2, 1883x3. Plates E.S. & Cº. 1054, 1156, 1195, 1237, 1239, 1240.
||8 Instructive Compositions
||New Instructive Pianoforte Compositions for the Drawing Room
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
||8 (at least) :
- Gavotte (Allegretto ma non troppo, B♭ major)
- Scherzo (Allegro, A major)
- Tarantelle (Allegro, G major)
- Valse mélancolique (Moderato, E minor)
- Gondoliera (Moderato, G minor)
- Hunting Song (Moderato, F major)
||1881–1883 – New York: Edward Schuberth & Co.
||Some have dedications, e.g.
- 2. To Rudolph Henning, Esq.
- 4. To Louis Alexander, Esq.
- 5. To Emil Reinbeck, Esq.
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
Am assuming there were only 8, but the cover of no.2 only listed three, of no.4 & 5 (published 1882) list only five, (not unusual!...) and perhaps there were further members of Op.42 after the first 8 ...
At LoC, the Gondoliera and Hunting Song scan-pages have each others' last pages (but the plate numbers confirm that these do belong to the Hunting Song and Gondoliera, and not to some other works entirely.)