Abesalom da Eteri (Paliashvili, Zakharia)
Georgian / Russian (1st version, 1941)
Tbilisi: Saxelbami, 1941.
Text in Georgian, with parallel Russian translation by Rjurik Ivnev (1891–1981), A. Kancheli (d.1947) and M. G. Kvaliashvili. Author/title/imprint information in Russian on colophon page.
Title page transliterated: Abesalom / da / Et`eri // S.S.S.R. Saxalxo artisti / Z. P. P`aliašvilis // opera IV mok`medebad // libreto / P. Mirianašvilisa // T`bilisi: Saxelbami / 1941.
Colophon in Russian translated:: "People's Artist of the Georgian S.S.R. / Z. P. Paliashvili / an opera / Abesalom and Eteri // Gosizdat (State Publisher) of the Georgian SSR / Tbilisi / 1941."
Omitted from this scan: covers, artwork, editor's preface (polyglot, p.viii–xxii), footnotes, supplements (p.341–362), and French translation by E. I. Orbeliani (p.365–382).
Georgian / Russian (2nd version, 1961)
Tbilisi: Sabchota Sakartvelo, 1961 [no copyright notice].
Text in Georgian, with parallel Russian translation by M. Kvaliashvili
The cover, preface, and artwork in the original vocal score have been omitted from this scan.
|Work Title||Abesalom da Eteri|
|Alternative Title||აბესალომ და ეთერი = Absalom and Etery|
|Movements/Sections||4 acts, 5 tableaux|
|Year/Date of Composition||1909–18|
|First Performance||Tbilisi, Georgian National Opera House, 21 February 1919.|
|First Publication||1937 (selections, vocal score)|
1941 (complete vocal score)
|Librettist||Petre Mirianashvili (1860–1940), after the Georgian legend Eteriani|
|Instrumentation||Solo voices, chorus, orchestra|
- Published also with Russian translation (1941 by R. Ivnev, A Kancheli, and M. Kvaliashvili; 1961 by M. Kvaliashvili) and French translation (1941, El. Orbeliani); translated also into Ukrainian.
- Vocal score arranged by the composer (see preface to 1941 edition).
- Act I
- Tableau 1
- No. 1. Song of the hunters
- No. 2. Aria of Eteri
- No. 3. Song of the hunters
- No. 4. Scene of Eteri, Abesalom, and Murman
- Tableau 2
- No. 5. Scene of Eteri and her stepmother
- No. 6. Scene and duet of Abesalom and Eteri
- No. 7. Aria of Murman
- Act II
- No. 8. Chorus
- No. 9. Wedding procession
- No. 10. Quintet
- No. 11. Exit of Murman
- No. 12. Canzonetta of Marikh
- No. 12–b. Scene
- No. 13. Ballet
- Act III
- No. 14. Scene and aria of Abesalom
- No. 15. Finale
- Act IV
- No. 16. Scene and aria of Eteri
- No. 17. Naina and women's chorus
- No. 18. Scene
- No. 19. Duet of Abesalom and Murman
- No. 20. Scene and 2nd duet
- No. 21. Scene of Natela and Abesalom
- No. 22. Duet of Eteri and Natela
- No. 23. Natela and Abesalom
- No. 24. Quartet
- No. 25. Marikh, Eteri, and Abesalom
- No. 26. Ensemble
- No. 27. Concluding scene