This publishing house was founded in 1896 by Louis Billaudot (1871-1936). The company began during Louis Billaudot's military service. Mr. Mauclair, a close friend, worked at a small music publishing house that was for sale. At age 25, Louis Billaudot bought the company with part of his inheritance that was left to him by his father. The publishing company remained a family business when his two sons, Robert (1910-1981) and Gérard (1911-1986), succeeded him. Gérard ran the company until 1957 with his son in law, François Derveaux. The company is currently run by his second daughter, Florence.
Generally preceded by "L.B."
|128||Pontet, E.||Mosaïque sur "Mignon" pour harmonie (score)||1905|