Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
Double Bass solo
E major transposition
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Double Bass and Piano
||Concerto for Double Bass No.2 in E major
||Dittersdorf, Carl Ditters von
||E♭ major (bass plays in D major)
|Year/Date of Composition
||double bass, orchestra (see below)
- 2 flutes, 2 horns, strings, continuo
- Grove Music doesn't list a double bass concerto in E major, only 2 in E♭ major, though it references others (instruments not given) that are doubtful or spurious.
- A score is published by Luck's Music Library, in which the orchestral instrumentation is 2 flutes, 2 horns, strings, cembalo.
- The Schott edition parts appear to be out of print.
- Well, the bass part looks like D major to me. Is it meant to be played scordatura? Or is this a D major work and is "E major" just a misreading after all? - Schissel
- Take a look at RISM 240001394 - it seems there are several versions of this, the earliest copy in E♭ major. I believe there was some old convention of tuning the double basses differently (scordatura) for certain keys. - Fynnjamin