Double Bass Concerto No.2 in E-flat major, Kr.172 (Dittersdorf, Carl Ditters von)
Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
(Redirected from Cadenza to Dittersdorf's Bass Concerto No.2 in E major (Whatley, Taylor))
No files submitted.
Double Bass solo
E major transposition
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Double Bass and Piano
|Work Title||Concerto for Double Bass No.2 in E major|
|Composer||Dittersdorf, Carl Ditters von|
|Key||E♭ major (bass plays in D major)|
|Year/Date of Composition||1762|
|Instrumentation||double bass, orchestra (see below)
- Grove Music doesn't list a double bass concerto in E major, only 2 in E♭ major, though it references others (instruments not given) that are doubtful or spurious.
- A score is published by Luck's Music Library, in which the orchestral instrumentation is 2 flutes, 2 horns, strings, cembalo.
- The Schott edition parts appear to be out of print.
- Well, the bass part looks like D major to me. Is it meant to be played scordatura? Or is this a D major work and is "E major" just a misreading after all? - Schissel
- Take a look at ♭ major. I believe there was some old convention of tuning the double basses differently (scordatura) for certain keys. - Fynnjamin - it seems there are several versions of this, the earliest copy in E