Founded as the Chemische Druckerey on July 27, 1803 by Alois Senefelder (1771-1834). The earliest publications bear the imprint "A. Senefelder." Senefelder transferred the company to Sigmund Anton Steiner (1773-1838), who acquired the catalogue of the Viennese composer and publisher Franz Anton Hofmeister in 1807 - continuing to use the Chemische Druckerey imprint until 1815. In that year, Tobias Haslinger (1787-1842) joined as a partner which also marked a name change to K.k. priv. Kust- und Musikalienhandlung des S. A. Steiner. During this period, Anton Diabelli was employed as a proofreader for the firm. Haslinger became sole owner in 1826, changing the name to Tobias Haslinger. The catalogue had grown to more than 4700 publications by this time and included numerous titles by prominent composers such as Beethoven, Czerny, Diabelli, Hummel, Krommer, Moscheles, Onslow, Rossini, Spohr, and Weber. Haslinger was personally responsible for vast improvements in both the print quality and composer representation. By his death in 1842, the firm boasted 50 employees, its own music engraving division, and 14 copperplate presses. From 1842-1848, the company continued as Tobias Haslingers Witwe und Sohn. After 1848, business continued under the imprint Carl Haslinger quondam Tobias. It was finally sold to A. Schlesinger (Robert Lienau) of Berlin in 1875, with a final plate number of 15170. In Friedrich Hofmeisters Musikalisch-literarischer Monatsbericht new entries with "Wien, Haslinger" appear until May 1882. Schlesinger-Lienau continued to use the imprint until 1945.
- Chemische Druckerey (1803-1815)
- A. Senefelder (1803-1815)
- K.k. priv. Kust- und Musikalienhandlung des S. A. Steiner (1815-1826)
- S.A. Steiner & Co. (1815-1826)
- Tobias Haslinger (1826-1842)
- Tobias Haslingers Witwe und Sohn (1842-1848)
- Carl Haslinger (1848-1875) - used as a Schlesinger imprint from 1875-1945.
- (Tobias Haslinger (Firma))
- (Haslinger, Tobias, 1787-1842)