Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
|All works by this person are still under copyright in Canada, the EU, Japan, and elsewhere and are thus subject to deletion. The works are also probably copyrighted in the U.S. if first published after 1923. (See public domain.) An exception is if the person or copyright holder allows IMSLP to use the works in a manner similar to a work in the public domain. If this is the case, please choose the "Creative Commons" or "Performance Restricted" license instead of "Public Domain" when submitting the file (or edit it to such, if already submitted). In such cases, it is necessary to put a copyright notice with the copyright type somewhere in the file, to prevent confusion.|
This message will be removed when the works enter the public domain naturally.
Segun Akinfenwa (b. 10 March 1982)
- Detailed biography: Segun Akinfenwa, a Nigerian church musician, Organist and Choral conductor, received music training and organ lesson from Mr. Samuel Adeolu Ojo, and latter studied organ under the tutelage of Kayode Oni, FTCL. He has served as organist in various denominational churches within Nigeria. He studied Psychology at University of Ibadan, and presently Organist/Choirmaster at St. Andrew’s Anglican Church, Ogudu, Lagos, he is also the Vice-President of Association of Church Musicians, Ibadan South Diocese. He has written several descants to common hymn tunes and also arranged a Yoruba sacred cantata (“Ar’aye d’oro” an original composition of Late Pa E.O Christopher-Mimiola) .
- Recordings: None given
- Articles for IMSLP Journal (www.imslp.org)
- Organ culture in Nigeria
- African Music: Focus on Yoruba composition
- Some of his published works are:
- Ar’aye d’oro (A passion and sacred cantata)
- Eagles and Angels’ descants book for common hymn tunes.
Compositions by: Akinfenwa, Segun
The following 13 pages are in this category, out of 13 total.
Arrangements by: Akinfenwa, Segun
This category contains only the following page.