Concerti (Gabrieli, Andrea)
Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
(Redirected from Concerti (1587) (Gabrieli, Giovanni))
This page is only for complete editions and multiple selections from the collection here. For most arrangements and editions, see|
the separate pages for individual works linked in the General Information section below.
No files submitted.
Scores and Parts
Selections by Giovanni Gabrieli
Daniel Van Gilst
Layout optimized for digital tablets
|Work Title||Concerti, Books 1 and 2|
|Alternative Title||Title-page transcription
|Movements/Sections||77 or more in 2 volumes|
|Composer Time Period||Renaissance|
|Instrumentation||6-8, 10, 12, 16 voices and instruments|
- Contains works by Andrea Gabrieli and Giovanni Gabrieli.
- According to Grove Music, this posthumous work contains "sacred and secular compositions for the most important ceremonies of the Venetian church and state."
- This has been tagged for the work types mentioned by Grove Music, but that article only mentions what it considers the most important works, so it is possible a few other tags are missing.
- Grove Music mentions "mass sections" so it is possible that full masses are not contained in this collection.
- Without a complete list of works, it is not possible to determine the "stromenti" contribution to this work, so there is also an "und" (undetermined) tag. This will keep this page on a list of works to be checked later for further information. It will be removed from that list once the full collection is tagged.