||8 pieces in 2 parts
- 1. Dream
- 2. Cabrioles
- 3. A Mensch
- 4. Illusions Perdues
- 5. Bells
- 6. Fireflies
- 7. Ruins
- 8. Wake Up
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||2014-February in Brussels
- Frederic Rzewski (piano)
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
- Dreams was inspired by Kurosawa's film of the same title.
- "Dream", was written as a "pièce de concours" for the semifinals of the 2013 Queen Elizabeth piano competition.
- "Cabrioles", was written for the Swiss pianist Simone Keller.
- "A Mensch", is dedicated to the memory of the actor and poet Steve ben Israel.
- "Illusions Perdues", was written for the British pianist Ian Pace.
Part II (Nos.5-8, now in progress) will be premiered by Igor Levit in the spring of 2015 at the Heidelberger Frühling festival. The recording, made by Michael Huon, is of a performance I did here in Brussels in February, 2014.