IMSLP has added a membership plan. All scores will still be available for free to non-subscribers.
For an overview of the membership plan see IMSLP:Membership Q&A.
For more information on the reasons behind this change, see this announcement on the IMSLP Forums.
Please note that some newly-uploaded scores may only be available after a day or two to non-subscribers.
Die hohe Schule des Violaspiels (Hermann, Friedrich)
Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
No files submitted.
No files submitted.
||Die hohe Schule des Violaspiels
||Werke berühmter Meister des 17. u. 18. Jahrh. nach Ferd. David’s Bearbeitungen
- Biber: Sonata in C minor
- Corelli: Folies d’Espagne (Dm)
- Porpora: Violin Sonata in G major
- Vivaldi: Violin Sonata in A major, RV 31
- Leclair: Violin Sonata in C minor, Op.5 No.6 'Le Tombeau'
- Leclair: Sonata in G major
- Nardini: Sonata in D major
- Veracini: Sonata in E minor, Op.2 No.8
- Bach: Sonata in E minor
- Bach: Sonata in C minor
- Handel: Violin Sonata in A major, HWV 361
- Tartini: Violin Sonata in D major, B.D12
- "Vitali": Ciacona in G minor
- Locatelli: Sonata in G minor
- Geminiani: Violin Sonata in C minor
- Anonymous: Sonata in A minor
- Anonymous: Sonata in E♭ major
- Anonymous: Sonata in C minor
- Handel: Sonata in G minor
- Mozart: Serenade in D major, K.250/248b: Andante Menuett und Rondo
- Bach: Cello Concerto in B♭ major, H.432
- Stamitz: Viola Concerto in D major, Op.1
- edited by Friedrich Hermann
- first issue: 1898 according to plate number, 1899 according to HMB
- Nos 1 to 18 and No 20 transcribed from David's Die hohe Schule des Violinspiels
- Another viola version of no 2 (La Folia) by Konyus (Conus) is available on IMSLP here
- No 19, edited by Gevaert, is not in the David series. It may be a version of the Handel Gm Sonata HWV 368 which is No.55 in the Alard-Dessauer Les Maîtres classiques du Violon series. The Alard-Dessauer viola version (untransposed) is here.
- Nos 21 and 22 were issued in 1931 and 1932 edited by Paul Klengel (1854-1935).
- Practical note: Violists will find that this is literally "high" school in the sense that most of them are transposed up a 5th, using David's original piano accompaniments. They are therefore quite difficult and un-violistic. Compare the two versions of the Vivaldi violin sonata in A: the high version from this series and the lower violin-fingered version by Paul Klengel.
- Pages with scores
- Hermann, Friedrich/Collections
- For viola, piano
- Scores featuring the viola
- Scores featuring the piano
- For 2 players
- Hermann, Friedrich/Editor
- Klengel, Paul/Editor
- Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel/Collections
- Bach, Johann Sebastian/Collections
- Biber, Heinrich Ignaz Franz von/Collections
- Corelli, Arcangelo/Collections
- David, Ferdinand/Collections
- Geminiani, Francesco/Collections
- Handel, George Frideric/Collections
- Leclair, Jean-Marie/Collections
- Locatelli, Pietro Antonio/Collections
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus/Collections
- Nardini, Pietro/Collections
- Porpora, Nicola Antonio/Collections
- Stamitz, Carl Philipp/Collections
- Tartini, Giuseppe/Collections
- Veracini, Francesco Maria/Collections
- Vivaldi, Antonio/Collections