This work is most likely NOT public domain in either Canada and other countries where the term is life+50 years (like China, Japan, Korea and many others worldwide), or the EU and in countries where the copyright term is life+70 years. However, as this work was first published before 1923 or failed to meet notice or renewal requirements, it is almost certainly public domain in the USA and is therefore hosted on an American server for US residents only.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
Helsinki: Oy R.E. Westerlund AB, n.d.(1945). Plate R.E.W. 2000.
This file is public domain in the USA only!
It is not PD in Canada, the EU or elsewhere.
This file is part of the Sibley Mirroring Project. PD-US for failure to register with U.S. Copyright Office and lack of valid copyright notice. Not PD-CA until 2057.
- Performances by Phillip Sear
- Orvokki by Väinö Hannikainen
- In memoriam by Einari Marvia
||Finlandia V. Suomalaisia pianosävellyksiä
||Pianostycken av finska tonsättare ; Finnish piano pieces
- 1. Bergman: Tunnelmakuva — Stämningsbild (B♭ major)
- 2. Costiander: Mazurka (E major)
- 3. Elokas: Impromptu (Op.14 No.5, A minor)
- 4. Fougstedt: Variations chromatiques (Op.27a, C major)
- 5. Hallaste: Nocturne (A minor)
- 6. Hannikainen: Feux follets — Scherzo — Virvatuli — Irrbloss (Op.4 No.4, A minor)
- For other pieces in this set, see Piano Pieces, Op.4
- 7. Hannikainen: Orvokki — Viol (Op.53, A minor)
(Baletista "Onnen Linna" — Ur baletten "Lyckoslotten")
- 8. Ikonen: Gavotte (D major)
- 9. Kaski: Etude (Op.1 No.3, E♭ major)
- 10. Klami: Barcarole (Op.5, F major)
- 11. Kuusisto: Trois Miniatures (Op.4)
- 1. Valsette (E major)
- 2. Berceuse (A minor)
- 3. Coquetterie (G♯ minor)
- 12. Leiviskä: Impromptu (D major)
- 13. Leiviskä: Sonatine (Op.14, F major—A minor—F major)
- 14. Luolajan-Mikkola: Poutapilviä — Sommarskyar (B minor)
- 15. Linko: Sadetunnelma — Regnstämning (Op.6 No.16, D♭ major)
- 16. Maasalo: Serenata (Eino Leino) (Op.28 No.4, G major)
- 17. Madetoja: Allegro scherzando (Op.65 No.5, G major)
- 18. Marvia: In memoriam (Op.7 No.1, G minor)
- 19. Melartin: Souvenir (Op.87a No.5, G major)
- 20. Palmgren: Muratti — Murgröna (1927 [Op.64b No.1], C major)
- For other pieces in this set, see Klanger och Rytmer, Op.64
- 21. Pingoud: Tango oriental (Tanssipantomiimista "Suurkaupungin kasvot" — Ur danspantomimen "Storstadens anlete") (A minor)
- 22. Pylkkänen: Prelude (Op.7 No.1, A minor)
- 23. Ranta: Toccata, adagio & fuga (Op.50, B minor/D major—F♯ minor—D major)
- 24. Vehanen: Savuke — Cigaretten (Op.10 No.1, G minor)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||Early 1940s* see comments below R.E. Westerlund)
||18: Erkki Melartin (1875-1937) (in memory)
||Early 20th century
- Since this is a collection, all the separate pieces were published separately before (and therefore many were first published before the 1940s).
- One source states that this work was published "ca.1929" but this is as virtually impossible, as many of the composers in this book would be in their adolescent years at that time. Also, it does not match up with the plate number; Erkki Melartin was still alive as well.