It is very unlikely that this work is public domain in the EU, or in any country where the copyright term is life-plus-70 years. However, it is in the public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and other countries where the term is life-plus-50 years (such as China, Japan, Korea and many others worldwide). As this work was first published before 1923 or failed to meet notice or renewal requirements to secure statutory copyright with no "restoration" under the GATT amendments, it is very likely to be public domain in the USA as well.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||Mainz: B. Schott's Söhne, Ed.1467, n.d.(1929). Plate 32355.
||# 272596 is cleaned and cropped
||Little Pieces for Piano ; Grandfather's Book ; Das Großvaterbuch ; Album du grand-pere ; Dedushkin al'bom
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
- Meine liebe Mutti! — My dear mummy (F major)
- Ein altes Gedicht — An old romance (A minor)
- Spaßvogel — The wag (E major)
- Auf der Wiese — On the meadow (C♯ minor)
- Russischer Tanz — Russian dance (E minor)
- Kleiner Walzer — Little waltz (E major)
- Traurige Geschichte — Sad story (E minor)
- Tanz der Schwalbe — Swallow dance (D major)
- Die Amme erzählt — Nurse tells a story (G minor)
- Marsch — March (D major)
- Das kranke Kätzchen — Pussy is ill (B minor)
- Spaziergang — Out for a walk (G major)
- Auf der Schaukel — On the swing (C major)
- Kleine Ballade — Little ballad (C minor)
- Glückliches Zusammentreffen — Happy meeting (B♭ major)
- Zurück nach Hause — Returning home (G minor)
- Ferien — Holidays (C major)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
The entry at University of Sydney and a few other libraries are quite definite about the 1929 copyright - not sure why. Also, they mention 14 pages, not 12. Maybe on one of the two not in the above scan?- Schissel (also possible that the scanning source - "unknown" as per above (maybe it's classicsource.ru or whatever, which always cuts off important copyright info- but again- unknown?- has removed that info?)
- I don't know either, but a copyright date of 1929 is confirmed by the plate number (from known from plate numbers that are close to it). The extra 2 pages on the USYD entry are probably because of the covers, as I've found a scan from a separate website that has the front cover included. I've just uploaded it -Lisztrachmaninovfan