Hungarian Rhapsody No.14, S.244/14 (Liszt, Franz)
No files submitted.
Emil von Sauer (1862–1942)
Franz Liszt. Klavierwerke, Band 2:
Rhapsodien, Werke für Klavier zu 2 Händen (pp.144-60)
Leipzig: Edition Peters, No.3600b, n.d.[1913-17]. Plate 9883.
scan: score scanned at 600dpi
filter: score filtered with 2-point algorithm explained in High Quality Scanning
I provide the original scanned version and the filtered, because the filter does some changes (smoothening, sharpening borders) and some portions of the scan get lost sometimes (when they are too small e.g.) - so you can choose your favorite. You may ask me for a manually cleaned version.
Peter Raabe (1872–1945)
Originally scanned at about 160pi, converted to 600dpi monochrome.
scan: score scanned at 600dpi (High Quality Scanning)
lower resolution: scanned at 300dpi
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Orchestra (Liszt/Doppler)
- Originally published as No.1 in F minor (S.359/1) in the orchestral version. Some later editions change the numbering to correspond to the piano version.
Franz Doppler (1821–1883), co-orchestrator
Leipzig: J. Schuberth & Co., n.d.(ca.1875)
There is some dispute about the extent of Dopppler's and Liszt's contributions
These files are part of the Orchestra Parts Project.
For Piano 4 hands (Liszt)
Leipzig: Schuberth, n.d.(1875). Plate 5265.
|Work Title||Hungarian Rhapsody No.14|
|Alternative Title||Lento, quasi marcia funebre|
|Opus/Catalogue Number||S.244/14 ; LW.A132/14|
|Year/Date of Composition||1846|
|Dedication||Hans von Bülow|
|Composer Time Period||Romantic|
- Composed for solo piano, 1847 (= S.244/14), based on themes from Nos.21 and 22 of Magyar rapszódiák, S.242
- Published 1853 by Schlesinger (Berlin)
- Arranged for orchestra by Liszt and Franz Doppler, 1857–60, as Hungarian Rhapsody No.1 in F minor (= S.359/1)
- Published 1874–75 by Schuberth (Leipzig)
- Orchestral version arranged for piano 4 hands by Liszt, 1874 (= S.621/1)
- Published 1875 by Schuberth (Leipzig)
Themes from the rhapsody were also used by Liszt in his Fantasie über ungarische Volksmelodien, S.123
|Hungarian Rhapsodies by Franz Liszt|
Magyar rapszódiák - Ungarische Rhapsodien - Rhapsodies hongroises
|See also Wikipedia|