Hungarian Rhapsody No.9, S.244/9 (Liszt, Franz)
No files submitted.
Emil von Sauer (1862–1942)
Franz Liszt. Klavierwerke, Band 2:
Rhapsodien, Werke für Klavier zu 2 Händen (pp.83-101)
Leipzig: Edition Peters, No.3600b, n.d.[1913-17]. Plate 9883.
scan: score scanned at 600dpi
filter: score filtered with 2-point algorithm explained in High Quality Scanning
I provide the original scanned version and the filtered, because the filter does some changes (smoothening, sharpening borders) and some portions of the scan get lost sometimes (when they are too small e.g.) - so you can choose your favorite. You may ask me for a manually cleaned version.
Peter Raabe (1872–1945)
Originally scanned at about 163dpi, changed to 600dpi monochrome and cleaned from dust and dirt pixels manually by the uploader.
PDF scanned by piupianissimo
scan: score scanned at 600dpi (High Quality Scanning)
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Orchestra (Liszt/Doppler)
- Originally published as No.6 in D major (S.359/6) in the orchestral version. Some later editions change the numbering to correspond to the piano version.
Franz Doppler (1821–1883), co-orchestrator
Leipzig: J. Schuberth & Co., n.d.(ca.1875).
New York: Edwin F. Kalmus, n.d.(after 1933).
There is some dispute about the extent of Dopppler's and Liszt's contributions
These files are part of the Orchestra Parts Project.
For Violin, Cello and Piano (Liszt)
Franz Liszt (1811-1886)
Holograph manuscript, n.d..
For 2 Pianos 8 hands (Kronke)
|Work Title||Hungarian Rhapsody No.9|
|Alternative Title||Pesther Carneval / Le carnaval de Pesth|
|Opus/Catalogue Number||S.244/9 ; LW.A132/9b|
|Year/Date of Composition||1847|
|Dedication||Heinrich Wilhelm Ernst (1814–1865)|
|Composer Time Period||Romantic|
- Composed for solo piano, 1847 (= S.244/9), based on themes from No.22 of Magyar rapszódiák, S.242
- Published 1853 by Schott (Mainz)
- Arranged for violin, cello and piano, 1848 (= S.379)
- Published 1892 by Schott (Mainz)
- Arranged for orchestra by Liszt and Franz Doppler, 1857–60, as Hungarian Rhapsody No.6 in D major (= S.359/6)
- Published 1874–75 by Schuberth (Leipzig)
- Orchestral version arranged for piano 4 hands by Liszt, 1874 (= S.621/6)
- Published 1875 by Schuberth (Leipzig)
|Hungarian Rhapsodies by Franz Liszt|
Magyar rapszódiák - Ungarische Rhapsodien - Rhapsodies hongroises
|See also Wikipedia|