pURLs simplify the submissions process by making the IMSLP server download the file directly from another website or service.
All pURLs follow the following basic syntax:
<pURL type>://<pURL data>
Type-specific Description and Syntax
Upload from a URL
- Description: This pURL allows a submitter to request that the IMSLP server download a file directly from a HTTP or HTTPS URL.
- Type String: http:// or https://
- Syntax: Simply paste the http or https URL. If you want to upload to a different filename, add !!NAMEAS!! followed by the new filename to the end of the pURL.
Upload from Sibley
- Description: This pURL allows a submitter to request that the IMSLP server download the file directly from the Sibley Music Library. It is a part of the Sibley Mirroring Project.
- Type String: sibley://
- Syntax: This pURL is strictly for internal use by the Sibley upload special page. Do not attempt to use this pURL directly.
Upload from IMSLP FTP (FCP)
- Description: This pURL allows a submitter to request that the IMSLP server use a file directly from the corresponding IMSLP FTP account (only for people with access to the FTP accounts of course).
- Type String: fcp://
- Syntax: fcp://<ftp account>/<path + filename>
Please contact Feldmahler if you are having trouble with pURLs.