Each file needs to be checked for public domain status. Only tag if everything is done to identify the file.
See also IMSLP:Copyright Reviewers, Public Domain.
Please tag the Copyright Status as follows:
- Unknown: Unreviewed
- Non-PD: copyrighted, or doubtful public domain status.
- Year: The year the work enters public domain on. Once the year is reached, this tag will function like PD/Verified.
- If the work is already public domain, please use one of the public domain tags.
- PD/Checked: Probable Public Domain (ex. from second-hand information), but the publication is not precisely identified.
- This category contains also files submitted before implementation of the copyright status tag
- PD/Verified: Publication is identified and in public domain.
- This tag can be applied only if there is proof of public domain status!!
- Urtext: Select this only if the copyright status entered is dependent on an Urtext interpretation of copyright law.
- Even if a publication is Urtext, do not check this box if it is public domain according to normal copyright law.
- Permission Granted: explicit permission is granted, or the included license allows, to distribute a copyrighted file on IMSLP.