Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
This work likely not be in the public domain in the US (due to first publication with the required notice after 1922, plus renewal or "restoration" under the GATT/TRIPS amendments) in the EU and those countries where the copyright term is life+70 years. However, it is public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and in other countries (China, Japan, S. Korea) where the copyright term is life+50 years.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
Scores and Parts
Mainz: B. Schott's Söhne, No.2079, 1929. Plate 32241.
Public Domain - Non-PD US, Non-PD EU [tag/del]
||Viola d'amore Sonata
||Kleine Sonate für Viola d'amour und Klavier
- Mäßig schnell. Lustig
- Sehr langsam
- Sehr lebhaft
|Year/Date of Composition
||1922 June at the University of Heidelburg
- Paul Hindemith (viola d'amore), Emma Lübbecke-Job (piano)
||viola d'amore, piano
- The 3 movements dated, in autograph, May 21, 26 and 28 1922.
- Pianist Emma Lübbecke-Job (Zob?) (1888–1982) was Hindemith's colleague and patron, and also premiered the viola sonata Op.25 no.4 with Hindemith the next year (1923-1-10).
- Originally without opus number; referred to as Op.25b in manuscript solo part and the composer's work lists.
- -Hindemith: A Research and Information Guide