Le tombeau de Couperin (piano) (Ravel, Maurice)
- For the later orchestral version, see Le tombeau de Couperin (orchestra)
Janet Seitzer (Piano)
Kenneth Gill, 2011.
Recorded 1985? (mono)
Unfortunately, the original tape has partly gone bad, so all of No.6 'Toccata' is rather distorted
First edition (reprint)
Paris: Durand & Cie., 1918. Plate D. & F. 9569
Mineola: Dover Publications, 1997.
Titles and page numbers added. Scans lacking publisher info, plate and page numbers, etc.
Kiev: Muzyka, n.d.(ca.1975)
from unidentified collection
Arrangements and Transcriptions
- See also Le tombeau de Couperin (orchestra)
For Piano 4 Hands (Garban)
Original version (piano)
- Andrew Sheffield, piano (Piano Society)
|Work Title||Le tombeau de Couperin|
|Year/Date of Composition||1914–17|
|Dedication||1. To the memory of Lieutenant Jacques Charlot|
2. To the memory of Lieutenant Jean Cruppi
3. To the memory of Lieutenant Gabriel Deluc
4. To the memory of Piere and Pascal Gaudin
5. To the memory of Jean Dreyfus
6. To the memory of Captain Joseph de Marliave
|Piece Style||Early 20th century|
- Composed between 1914 and 1917 as a suite for solo piano.
- Nos.1, 3, 5 and 4 were orchestrated by Ravel in 1919 (see Le tombeau de Couperin (orchestra)).