List of works by Ebenezer Prout
Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
- This list is manually maintained, therefore some of the available pieces may not yet be linked from this page. For an automatically generated alphabetical list of all available pieces, please see Category:Prout, Ebenezer.
- A list of works in the composer category that are not included here can be found .
Works with Opus Number
- Op.1 - String Quartet No.1 (London: Addison, Hollier, & Lucas, ca.1860?).
- Op.2 - Piano Quartet (London: Augener & Co., ca.1870).
- Op.3 - Piano Quintet in G major (London: Augener & Co., ca.1870). Performed 1881.
- Op.4 - Organ Sonata (London: Augener & Co., 1872/3).
- Op.5 - Concerto in E minor for Organ and Orchestra (London: Augener & Co., 1872/3).
- Op.6 - Concertante Duet in A major for piano and harmonium (London: Augener & Co., ca.1900).
- Op.7 - Magnificat for solo voices, chorus, and orchestra (London: Stanley Lucas, Weber & Co., ca.1876).
- Op.8 - Evening Service in E flat major (London, ca.1876)
- Op.9 - Magnificat and Nunc dimittis in F major (London, ca.1876)
- Op.10 - ?
- Op.11 - ?
- Op.12 - Hereward. A dramatic cantata: the libretto written by William Grist; the music composed for, and dedicated to, the Borough of Hackney Choral Association (London: Novello, Ewer & Co., 1895). Premiered June 4, 1879.
- Op.13 - The Morning and Evening Service Together with the Office for the Holy Communion.
- Op.14 - Minuet and Trio for Orchestra. Full Score published Augener, 1881 (see Monthly Musical Record, May 1 1881, pp. 83 (excerpt) & 96). Also published for piano and piano duet.
- Op.15 - String Quartet No.2 in B♭ major (London: Augener & Co., ca.1881).
- Op.16 - Alfred. A dramatic cantata. The libretto by William Grist (London: Augener & Co., ca.1885).
- Op.17 - Flute Sonata (London: Rudall, Carte & Co, n.d. ).
- Op.18 - Piano Quartet No.2 in F major (London: Augener & Co., ca.1883).
- Op.19 - Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis in D major (London, ca.1883).
- Op.20 - Freedom. An Ode for Baritone Solo, Chorus, and Orchestra. The words written by the Rev. P. T. Forsyth (London, ca.1885).
- Op.21 - Queen Aimée, or, The maiden's crown: cantata for female voices: the words written by Jetty Vogel (London: Novello, Ewer, and Co., ca.1885).
- Op.22 - Symphony No.3 in F major (London: Novello, Ewer, & Co., n.d. ).
- Op.23 - The Hundredth Psalm, for soprano solo, chorus, and orchestra, organ ad lib. (London & New York, ca.1886).
- Op.24 - The Red Cross Knight. A dramatic cantata ... by W. Grist (London: Novello, Ewer & Co., ca.1887).
- Op.25 - Damon and Phintias. A dramatic cantata for male voices (soli and chorus) and orchestra: the libretto written by R.W. Bloor (London: Novello, Ewer, and Co., ca.1889).
- Op.26 - Clarinet Sonata in D major (London: Augener & Co., ca.1890). Also arranged by the composer for viola and piano.
- Op.27 - When the Lord turned. Anthem for Solo and Chorus (London: Novello & Co., ca.1876).
- Op.28 - Suite de Ballet for Orchestra (London: Augener & Co., ca.1892).
- Op.29 - We give Thee Thanks, O Lord God Almighty. Anthem for eight voices (London: Augener & Co., ca.1895).
- Op.30 - ?
- Op.31 - Jesu dulcis memoria. Chorus for female voices (London: C. Vincent, 1899).
- Op.32 - Romance for the Viola and Piano (London: Augener & Co., ca.1900).
- Op.33 - Suite for Small Orchestra or Piano (London: Vincent Music Co., ca.1906).
- Op.34 - Salve Regina for female chorus, strings, and organ (London: Vincent Music Co., 1906).
- Op.35 - Organ Concerto No.2 (in E major?) (London: Vincent Music Co., 1909).
Works without Opus Number
- Symphony No.1 in C major (1873)
- Symphony No.2 in G minor (1876)
- Symphony No.4 in D major (Allegro - Largo - Scherzo - Finale) 1886, premiered? February 29, 1887.
- Requiem Mass (1856-57)
- Harmony: Its Theory and Practice (London: Augener, 1889).
- Counterpoint, Strict and Free (1890).
- Double Counterpoint and Canon (1891).
- Fugue (1891).
- Fugal Analysis (1892).
- Musical Form (1893).
- Applied Forms (1895).
- The Orchestra (volume 1: 1898; volume 2: 1899).