||Yakov Milstein (1911–1981)
||Liszt: Sochinennia dlia fortepiano|
Moscow: Muzyka, n.d. Plate 7598
||Liszt Society Publications Vol.7: Unfamiliar piano pieces.|
London: Schott & Co., 1978. Edition 11298, Plate S & Co. 6995.
||Schott added new page numbering, titles, plate numbers, etc.
||Imre Mező (1932–)|
Imre Sulyok (1912–2008)
||Neue Liszt-Ausgabe. Serie 1, Band 18 |
Budapest: Editio Musica / Kassel: Bärenreiter, 1985. Plate Z.12903.
||scan: score scanned at 600dpi|
filter: score filtered with 2-point algorithm explained in High Quality Scanning
I provide the original scanned version and the filtered, because the filter does some changes (smoothening, sharpening borders) and some portions of the scan get lost sometimes (when they are too small e.g.) - so you can choose your favorite. You may ask me for a manually cleaned version.
This "urtext" or "scholarly" (scientific) edition was published at least 25 years ago in the EU (or 20 years ago in Italy, before 1992 in the former USSR). Hence, the edition is public domain in its country of origin or a government publication. Such editions are also public domain in Canada because they fail to meet the minimum 'threshold of originality' to qualify for copyright as an 'adaptation'. They may not be public domain elsewhere. More information about this can be found here.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||Magyar dallok / Ungarische Nationalmelodien / Hungarian National Melodies / Mélodies Hongroises
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
||S.242/1–11 ; LW.A60a
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1840 (Nos.1–7), 1843 (Nos.8–11)
||Nos.1–6: Count Leo Festetics (1800–1884)|
No.7: Count Casimir Esterházy (1805–1870)
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
- 1. Lento (C minor)
- 2. Andantino (C major)
- 3. Sehr langsam (D♭ major)
- 4. Animato (C♯ major)
- 1st version of S.243/2, S.243bis/2. Themes re-used in S.244/6
- 5. Tempo giusto (D♭ major)
- 1st version of S.243/1, S.243bis/1. Themes re-used in S.244/6
- 6. Lento (G minor)
- Themes re-used in S.242/12, S.244/5
- 7. Andante cantabile (E♭ major)
- 1st version of S.244/4
- 8. Lento. Tempo marciale (F minor)
- 9. Lento. Quasi Presto (A minor)
- 10. Adagio sostenuto a capriccio. Allegro vivace (D major)
- 11. Andante sostenuto (B♭ major)
- 1st version of S.243/3. Themes re-used in S.244/3, S.244/6
For the continuation of the series, see Magyar rapszódiák, S.242/12–21
- Nos.1 to 11 composed for solo piano, 1839–40 (= S.242/1–11)
- Nos.1 to 6 published 1840 by Haslinger (Vienna), as "Hefte I"
- No.7 published 1840 by Haslinger (Vienna), as "Hefte II"
- Nos.8 and 9 published 1843 by Haslinger (Vienna), as "Hefte III"
- Nos.10 and 11 published 1843 by Haslinger (Vienna), as "Hefte IV"
- Nos.5, 4 and 11 revised 1843 as Nos.1, 2 and 3 of Ungarische Nationalmelodien (= S.243/1–3)
Themes from several pieces were also re-used by Liszt in his Hungarian Rhapsodies, S.244