Mazeppa, S.100 (Liszt, Franz)
No files submitted.
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For 2 Pianos (Liszt)
Leipzig: Breitkopf & Härtel, 1880s. Plate V.A. 508.
For Piano 4 hands (Liszt)
Leipzig: Breitkopf & Härtel, n.d.
For Piano solo (Stark)
Ludwig Stark (1831–1884)
Leipzig: Breitkopf und Härtel, 1880s. Plate V.A. 541.
For Piano solo (Stradal)
|Alternative Title||Symphonic Poem No.6|
|Opus/Catalogue Number||S.100 ; LW.G7|
|Year/Date of Composition||1851–54|
|Dedication||Princess Carolyne zu Sayn-Wittgenstein|
|Instrumentation||Orchestra (2 flutes, piccolo, 2 oboes, English horn, 2 clarinets, bass clarinet, 3 bassoons, 4 horns, 3 trumpets, 3 trombones, tuba, timpani, percussion, strings)|
- Composed for orchestra, 1851–54 (= S.100) after Victor Hugo's eponymous poem in Les Orientals (No.34), partly based on the piano piece Mazeppa (No.4 of Études d'exécution transcendante, S.139)
- Published 1856 by Breitkopf & Härtel (Leipzig)
- Arranged for 2 pianos, 1855 (= S.640)
- Published 1857 by Breitkopf & Härtel (Leipzig)
- Arranged for piano 4 hands, 1874 (= S.594)
- Published 1875 by Breitkopf & Härtel (Leipzig)
- Arranged for solo piano by Theophil Forchhammer, with revisions by Liszt, 1870–79? (= S.511c)
- Version not published
|Symphonic Poems by Franz Liszt|
|See also Wikipedia|