|For the orchestral piece on the same subject, see Oresteia (overture), Op.6. |
⇒ 8 more: Introduction and Part 1, Tableau 1 • Part 1, Tableau 2 • Part 2, Tableau 1 • Part 2, Tableau 2 • Part 2, Tableau 3 • Part 3, Tableau 1 • Part 3, Tableau 2 • Part 3, Tableau 3
||"Арии и романсы: Для сопрано в сопровождении фп."|
Moscow: Muzyka, n.d. Plate 15232
||From Part 1, Tableau 2 ( of the vocal score)
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
||3 acts/parts, 8 tableaux
- Part I. "Agamemnon"
- 1. Scene (guard)
- 2. Scene (Chorus of women, Clytaemnestra)
- 3. Scene (Clytaemnestra, chorus of people)
- 4. Scene (Narrative of Aegisthus. Duet)
- 5. March with chorus
- 6. Scene (Agamemenon and chorus of warriors)
- 7. Scene and duet (Clytaemnestra and Agamemnon)
- 8. Scene of Cassandra with chorus (Clytaemnestra, Cassandra, chorus of people)
- Arioso of Cassandra with chorus
- 9 Scene (Clytaemnestra and chorus)
- 10. Concluding scene (Aegisthus, Clytaemnestra, bodyguards, people)
- Part II. "The Libation-Bearers"
- 11. Recitative and arioso of Clytaemnestra
- 12. Scene (shade of Agamemnon, Clytaemnestra, later a female chorus)
- 13. Recitative and duet with chorus (Clytaemnestra, Elektra, and female chorus)
- 14. Scene (Orestes)
- 15. Scene (Orestes with chorus of women)
- 16. Scene (Elektra and chorus of women)
- 17. Scene and duet (Elektra, Orestes, and chorus of women)
- 18. Scene (Orestes and slave)
- 19. Quartet (Elektra, Clytaemnestra, Orestes, Aegisthus)
- 20. Scene (slave and Clytaemnestra)
- 21. Scene and duet (Clytaemnestra and Orestes)
- 22. Concluding scene (Orestes and chorus)
- Part III. "The Eumenides"
- 23. Entr'acte and scene (Orestes and Furies)
- 24. Entr'acte
- 25. Scene (Orestes, Furies [offstage], later Apollo)
- 26. Entr'acte and chorus of Athenians
- 27. Scene (Orestes and chorus)
- 28. Procession of areopagites
- 29. Scene (Orestes and an Areopagite)
- 30. Concluding scene (Athena, Orestes, Areopagites, people)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1882–94, revised 1900 for publication
||1895-10-29 – St Petersburg, Maryinsky Theatre
- Eduard Krushevsky (conductor)
||1895 - limited edition (composer)|
1900 – Leipzig: M.P. Belaieff
- Full score, Plate 2100.
Orchestral parts. Plate 2101.
Choral parts. Plate 2102.
Solo parts. Plate 2103.
Vocal score, 333 pages. Plate 2104.
||Aleksey Venkstern (1856–1909), after a story by Aeschylus
||In memory of Anton Rubinstein (1829–1894)
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||voices, chorus, orchestra
- Cast: Agamemnon (Агамемнонь) (bass)
Clytemnestra (Клитемнестра) (alto)
Aegisthus (Эгистъ) (baritone)
Elektra (Электра) (soprano)
Orestes (Орест) (tenor)
Cassandra (Кассандра) (soprano)
Apollo Loxias (Аполлон Локсий) (baritone)
Pallas Athena (Афина Паллада) (soprano)
Areopagite (Ареопагит) (bass)
Koryphäe (Корифей ) (bass)
Guard (Страж) (bass)
Libation-Bearer (Раб) (bass)
Agamemnon's Spirit (Тень Агамемнона) (bass)
- Mixed chorus (SATB)
||Taneyev's concert overture Oresteia, Op.6 (1889), contains some themes that appear in the opera.
||MPH Preface by Anastasia Belina, 2010|
As with some works by Tchaikovsky, we know that works were published at times later in full score than in vocal score but did not receive higher plate numbers (and sometimes there was little indication of this on the scores.) Here there is the further difficulty that the full score above has been improperly scanned (there are many libraries- RUS-Mrg eg.- and commercial scanners that do this sort of thing, unfortunately; likewise republishers such as Dover, MusikMPH which has republished this score, Kalmus, etc.), with the plates and other material on the inner pages cropped off.