||Piano Sonata No. 6 in E minor
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
||3 (2?) movements.
- Moderato (E minor)
- Allegretto (E major)
- Scherzo. Allegro vivace (A♭ major, doubtful)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1888 (1st movement) – Franz Schubert's Werke, Breitkopf & Härtel|
1907 (2nd movement) – Breitkopf & Härtel
1928 (doubtful 3rd movement) – Die Musik
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
||20 minutes ca.
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
There is disagreement over whether the third movement belongs to this sonata. Because it is in A-flat major (not the tonic key) and thus may not have been intended as a finale, some have proposed the Rondo in E major, D.506 as a fourth movement. Others have proposed that only the first two movements are truly part of this sonata.
|Schubert Piano Sonatas
- Sonata No.9 in B major, D.575 (Op.posth.147)
- Sonata No.10 in C major, D.613 (incomplete)
- Sonata No.11 in F minor, D.625 (incomplete)
- Sonata No.12 in C♯ minor, D.655 (incomplete)
- Sonata No.13 in A major, D.664 (Op.posth.120)
- Sonata in E minor, D.769A (incomplete)
- Sonata No.14 in A minor, D.784 (Op.posth.143)
- Sonata No.15 in C major, D.840 ("Reliquie") (incomplete)
- Sonata No.16 in A minor, D.845 (Op.42)
- Sonata No.17 in D major, D.850 (Op.53) ("Gasteiner")
- Sonata No.18 in G major, D.894 (Op.78) ("Fantasie")
- Sonata No.19 in C minor, D.958
- Sonata No.20 in A major, D.959
- Sonata No.21 in B♭ major, D.960