||Sammlung der beliebtesten Salonstücke
- Bądarzewska: Prière exaucée
- Favarger: L’Adieu, Op.18
- Richards: Des Wanderers Traum, Op.47
- Richards: Marie, Op.60
- Richards: Vogleins Abendlied, Op.71
- Richards: In der Fremde, Op.67
- Schubert: Walzer eines Wahnsinnigen
- Schubert: Sehnsuchts-Walzer
- Reissiger: Weber’s letzter GedankeDanses brillantes, Op.26, No.5
- Wallace: La Petite Polka de Concert
- Felix: Carnaval von Venedig
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
HMB Lists a 2-volume collection Hofmeister's Monatsbericht (1872), p.234 of which the second volume is nearly the same as this one. This followed the publication of a series of Salon-Albums for piano solo: Vols 1-5 Hofmeister's Monatsbericht (1871), p.91 and Hofmeister's Monatsbericht (1872), p.79, which extended to 14 volumes by 1876. Nearly 20 years later, in 1893, new violin volumes were issued Hofmeister's Monatsbericht (1893), p.10, along with a piano 4-hand version and finally a "New Salon Album" for piano solo was published in 1900.
Many other publishers issued series with the same title, starting with Gloggl of Vienna in 1851. Favorite instruments were piano and zither, but many other instruments were catered for by Schmidt of Heilbronn from 1880.