This work is likely not in the public domain in the US (due to first publication with the required notice after 1922, plus renewal or "restoration" under the GATT/TRIPS amendments), nor in the EU and those countries where the copyright term is life+70 years. However, it is public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and in other countries (China, Japan, S. Korea) where the copyright term is life+50 years.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||London: Schott & Co. Ltd., No.4070, 1950. Plate 37625.
||600 dpi. There are some pages that the measures lines look to be faded and the notes are somewhat illegible but most of the pages are high quality and have no issues.
- Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Werner Andreas Albert (conductor)
- I. Fast-Schnell; II. Adagio and Fugato
- III. Intermezzo ostinato; IV. Recitative and Rondo
||Sinfonietta in E
||Sinfonietta in E für Orchester
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- I. Fast-Schnell: ( = 108)
- II. Adagio and Fugato: (♩= 50) -
- Andante - Adagio (♩= 50-60) - largamente - Come sopra - Fugato: Allegretto (♩= 88)
- III. Intermezzo ostinato. Presto: ( ‧ = 92)
- IV. Recitative and Rondo - Lento - Rondo (♩= 120-126)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1950-01-03 in Louisville, Kentucky
- The Louisville Orchestra, Paul Hindemith (conductor)
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
- piccolo, flute, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets (B♭), 2 bassoons
3 horns (F), trumpet (B♭), 2 trombones, tuba
3 timpani, Percussion (1 player): pair of cymbals, crash cymbals, glockenspiel