||Aleksandr Gedike (1877-1957)
||N. Metner: Sobranie Sochinenii, Tom IV: Sochineniia dlia fortepiano|
Moscow: Muzgiz, 1960. Plate M. 28121 Г.
||Storm-tossed sonata; Sonate orageuse
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
- 1932 possibly?
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Early 20th century
Dates given as 1931-2 in some sources. If published in 1931, this is ruled out, but copyright date is not on the Zimmermann first edition score ([193-] at best, plate Z.11,548, one sees in Worldcat), and until/unless one has better evidence of first publication date in HMB e.g. ... - ES
|Piano Sonatas by Nikolay Medtner
- No.1. Sonata in A-flat major
- No.2. Sonata-Elegy in D minor
- No.3. Sonata in C major
- Sonata-Ballade, Op.27 in F-sharp major (1912-14)
- Piano Sonata, Op.30 in A minor (1914)
- Sonata-Reminiscenza, Op.38 No.1 (as a part of Forgotten Melodies I, Op.38, 1919-20)
- Sonata tragica, Op.39 No.5 (as a part of Forgotten Melodies II, Op.39, 1919-20)
- Sonata-Vocalise, Op.41 No.1 for voice and piano (1922)
- Sonata romantica, Op.53 No.1 in B-flat minor (1929-30ca.)
- Sonata minacciosa, Op.53 No.2 in F minor (1929-31ca.)
- Sonata-Idyll, Op.56 in G major (1935-37)