||Jarmil Burghauser (1921–1997)|
Antonín Čubr (1904–1988)
||Antonín Dvořák: Souborné vydání díla, series IV, vol.5a|
Prague: Editio Supraphon, 1991. Plate H 7625.
This "urtext" or "scholarly" (scientific) edition was published at least 25 years ago in the EU (or 20 years ago in Italy, before 1992 in the former USSR). Hence, the edition is public domain in its country of origin or a government publication. Such editions are also public domain in Canada because they fail to meet the minimum 'threshold of originality' to qualify for copyright as an 'adaptation'. They may not be public domain elsewhere. More information about this can be found here.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||String Quartet No.1
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
||Op.2 ; B.8
- Andante. Allegro
- Adagio affettuoso ed appassionato
- Allegro scherzando
- Allegro animato
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1862, revised ca.1888
||1888 January 6
||1948 - Prague: Hudební matice, Plate H.M. 852 (score), H.M. 1108 (parts)
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||2 violins, viola, cello
Revised in ca.1888: from antonin-dvorak.cz: "Dvorak later remedied this shortcoming when, before its first performance in 1888, he radically shortened the work" (revised sometime before the performance- guessing late 1887??)
|Chamber Music for Strings by Antonín Dvořák
- String Quartet No.1 in A major, Op.2/B.8 (1862)
- String Quartet No.2 in B-flat major, B.17 (1869)
- String Quartet No.3 in D major, B.18 (1869-70)
- String Quartet No.4 in E minor, B.19 (1870)
- String Quartet No.5 in F minor, Op.9/B.37 (1873)
- String Quartet No.6 in A minor, Op.12/B.40 (1873)
- Andante appassionato in F major, B.40a (1873)
- String Quartet No.7 in A minor, Op.16/B.45 (1874)
- String Quartet No.8 in E major, Op.80/B.57 (1876)
- String Quartet No.9 in D minor, Op.34/B.75 (1877)
- String Quartet No.10 in E♭ major 'Slavonic', Op.51/B.92 (1878-79)
- String Quartet No.11 in C major, Op.61/B.122 (1881)
- Echo of Songs (Ohlas písní), B.152 (1887)
- String Quartet No.12 in F major 'American', Op.96/B.179 (1893)
- String Quartet No.13 in G major, Op.106/B.192 (1895)
- String Quartet No.14 in A♭ major, Op.105/B.193 (1895)