PDF typeset by New Notations
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
||Op.21 ; CNW Coll. 5
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
||7 songs in 2 volumes
- 1. Skal blomsterne da visne - Shall flowers, then, all wither (C major)
- 2. Hogen - Hawk (F-sharp minor)
- 3. Jens Vejmand - John the Roadman (D major)
- 4. Saenk kun dit hoved, du blomst - Lay down, sweet flower, your head (G major)
- 5.. Den forste laerke - The larks are coming (A major)
- 6. Husvild - Vagrant (G minor)
- 7. Godnat - Good Night (F major)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||Helge Rode (1870-1937) No. 1.|
Jeppe Aakjær (1866-1930) Nos. 2. 3. 5.
Johannes Jørgensen (1866-1956) No. 4.
Johannes V. Jensen (1873-1950) Nos. 6. 7.
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
Wikipedia article (Danish) on Jens Vejmand (once perhaps the most popular, and re-arranged, of this set)
Jens Vejmand especially once very popular, even arranged into a separate orchestral light waltz and a recording made (this has been released in Danacord's Historic Nielsen Edition, volume 6, along with two recordings of the original voice and piano edition.)
Two volumes entitled Strofiske Sange were published in 1907. They contain seven songs composed at different times during 1901–07.