|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
||Op.43 ; TH 31
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- Introduzione e Fuga. Andante sostenuto—Moderato e con anima (D minor, 200 bars)
- Divertimento. Allegro moderato (B♭ major, 238 bars)
- Intermezzo. Andantino semplice (D minor, 240 bars)
- Marche miniature. Moderato con moto (A major, 124 bars)
- Scherzo. Allegro con moto (B♭ major, 242 bars)
- Gavotte. Allegro (D major, 165 bars)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1879-11-20 — Moscow, Russian Musical Society: Nikolay Rubinstein (conductor)
||1879 — Moscow: P. Jurgenson. Full score, 138 pages. Plate 3905.|
1879 — Moscow: P. Jurgenson. Arrangement for piano 4 hands, 87 + 7 pages. Plate 3907.
1885 — Moscow: P. Jurgenson. Full score, 152 pages. Plate 3905.
1885 — Moscow: P. Jurgenson. Arrangement for piano 4 hands, 94 pages. Plate 3907.
||Nadezhda von Meck (1831-1894)
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Orchestra: piccolo, 3 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets (B♭/A), 2 bassoons + 4 horns (F), 2 trumpets (D, F) + timpani, triangle, glockenspiel + strings
||Tchaikovsky Research |
||Also arranged for piano 4 hands by Tchaikovsky, 1878–79.|
In the first editions, the Marche miniature was included as an appendix to the score as "No.4a". From the second edition onwards it was published as No.4 in the suite.