This work may not be in the public domain in the US (due to first publication with the required notice after 1922) in the EU and those countries where the copyright term is life+70 years. However, it is public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and in other countries (China, Japan, S. Korea) where the copyright term is life+50 years.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||Symphonie en ut# mineur
- I. Lento
- II. Andante molto moderato
- III. Vivace
- IV. Allegro energico e molto marcato
|Year/Date of Composition
- 4 Flutes (3 and 4 also Piccolo), 2 Oboes, English Horn,
- 3 Clarinets in B♭/A (3 also Bass Clarinet in B♭ and Clarinet in D), 2 Bassoons, Contrabassoon,
- 4 Horns in F, 4 Trumpets in C, 3 Trombones, 2 Tubas
Timpani, Percussion (Tam-tam, Cymbals, Triangle, Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Xylophone, Bells, Glockenspiel), 2 Harps, Strings
Bloch ended up composing several symphonies (some with title - "America", "Israel" - some without - Symphony in E-flat major, Symphony for Trombone and Orchestra, Sinfonia Breve - at least 6 ?)