This work is likely not in the public domain in the US (due to first publication with the required notice after 1922, plus renewal or "restoration" under the GATT/TRIPS amendments), nor in the EU and those countries where the copyright term is life+70 years. However, it is public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and in other countries (China, Japan, S. Korea) where the copyright term is life+50 years.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
No files submitted.
Moscow: Muzgiz, 1929.
Miami: Edwin F. Kalmus, n.d.(1971-87).
Public Domain - Non-PD US, Non-PD EU [tag/del]
Low resolution. Some material on margins cut off, but score should be mostly readable.
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Piano 4 hands
Youtube Recording uploaded by "UnsungMasterworks", Unknown Orchestra (42:13)
- Lento, ma non troppo - Allegro, C minor
- Larghetto, quasi andante, A♭ major
- Allegro assai e molto risoluto, C minor
|Year/Date of Composition
||1914-7-2 in Pavlovsk (first version of 1908)
- Aleksandr P. Aslanov, conductor
||1929 - Moscow: Muzgiz (revised version)
- Hofmeister's Monatsbericht (1929), p.120
||This work is claimed to be under copyright in the USA due to|
"restoration" via the GATT/TRIPS amendment (Section 104). NIE-V8001P260
||Early 20th century
- piccolo, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets (B♭), 2 bassoons,
4 horns (F), 2 trumpets (B♭), 3 trombones, tuba, timpani, strings
Aslanov premiered several works by Myaskovsky and Prokofiev (including the lost early version of Prokofiev's 2nd piano concerto, Op.16).
|Symphonies by Nikolay Myaskovsky
- Symphony No.1 in C minor, Op.3 (1908, rev.1921)
- Symphony No.2 in C♯ minor, Op.11 (1910-11)
- Symphony No.3 in A minor, Op.15 (1914)
- Symphony No.4 in E minor, Op.17 (1917-18)
- Symphony No.5 in D major, Op.18 (1918-19)
- Symphony No.6 in E♭ minor, Op.23 (1921-23)
- Symphony No.7 in B minor, Op.24 (1922)
- Symphony No.8 in A major, Op.26 (1924-25)
- Symphony No.9 in E minor, Op.28 (1926-27)
- Symphony No.10 in F minor, Op.30 (1926-27)
- Symphony No.11 in B♭ minor, Op.34 (1931-32)
- Symphony No.12 in G minor "October", Op.35 (1931-32)
- Symphony No.13 in B♭ minor, Op.36 (1933)
- Symphony No.14 in C major, Op.37 (1933)
- Symphony No.15 in D minor, Op.38 (1933-34)
- Symphony No.16 in F major, Op.39 (1933-34)
- Symphony No.17 in G♯ minor, Op.51 (1936-37)
- Symphony No.18 in C major, Op.42 (1937)
- Symphony No.19 in E♭ minor, Op.46 (1938-39)
- Symphony No.20 in E major, Op.50 (1940)
- Symphony No.21 in F♯ minor, Op.51 (1940)
- Symphony No.22 in B minor "Ballade", Op.54 (1941)
- Symphony No.23 in A minor, Op.56 (1941)
- Symphony No.24 in F minor, Op.63 (1943)
- Symphony No.25 in D♭ major, Op.69 (1945-46, rev.1949)
- Symphony No.26 in C major "On Russian Themes", Op.79 (1948)
- Symphony No.27 in C minor, Op.85 (1949)