This work is likely not in the public domain in the US (due to first publication with the required notice after 1922, plus renewal or "restoration" under the GATT/TRIPS amendments), nor in the EU and those countries where the copyright term is life+70 years. However, it is public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and in other countries (China, Japan, S. Korea) where the copyright term is life+50 years.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||Moscow: Muzgiz, 1926. Plate Г.М. 6403 И.М.
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Piano 4 Hands
||Moscow: Muzgiz, 1926. Plate M. 6889 Г.
||Симфония № 4, соч. 17
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
- 1. Andante, mesto e con sentimento - Allegro appassionato ma non troppo vivo
- 2. Largo, Freddo e senza espressione
- 3. Allegro energico e marcato
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
- Konstantin Saradzhev, conductor
||1926 - Muzgiz
||This work is claimed to be under copyright in the USA due to|
"restoration" via the GATT/TRIPS amendment (Section 104). NIE-V8001P652
||V. V. Yakovlev
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Early 20th century
||Early 20th century
||Orchestra: 3 flutes (3rd takes piccolo), 2 oboes, English horn, 2 clarinets (B♭),|
bass clarinet (B♭), 2 bassoons, contrabassoon, 6 horns (F), 3 trumpets (B♭),
3 trombones, tuba, timpani, cymbals, bass drums, strings
Wikipedia article (German)
Some information from the Fleisher Collection catalog card entry.
|Symphonies by Nikolay Myaskovsky
- Symphony No.1 in C minor, Op.3 (1908, rev.1921)
- Symphony No.2 in C♯ minor, Op.11 (1910-11)
- Symphony No.3 in A minor, Op.15 (1914)
- Symphony No.4 in E minor, Op.17 (1917-18)
- Symphony No.5 in D major, Op.18 (1918-19)
- Symphony No.6 in E♭ minor, Op.23 (1921-23)
- Symphony No.7 in B minor, Op.24 (1922)
- Symphony No.8 in A major, Op.26 (1924-25)
- Symphony No.9 in E minor, Op.28 (1926-27)
- Symphony No.10 in F minor, Op.30 (1926-27)
- Symphony No.11 in B♭ minor, Op.34 (1931-32)
- Symphony No.12 in G minor "October", Op.35 (1931-32)
- Symphony No.13 in B♭ minor, Op.36 (1933)
- Symphony No.14 in C major, Op.37 (1933)
- Symphony No.15 in D minor, Op.38 (1933-34)
- Symphony No.16 in F major, Op.39 (1933-34)
- Symphony No.17 in G♯ minor, Op.51 (1936-37)
- Symphony No.18 in C major, Op.42 (1937)
- Symphony No.19 in E♭ minor, Op.46 (1938-39)
- Symphony No.20 in E major, Op.50 (1940)
- Symphony No.21 in F♯ minor, Op.51 (1940)
- Symphony No.22 in B minor "Ballade", Op.54 (1941)
- Symphony No.23 in A minor, Op.56 (1941)
- Symphony No.24 in F minor, Op.63 (1943)
- Symphony No.25 in D♭ major, Op.69 (1945-46, rev.1949)
- Symphony No.26 in C major "On Russian Themes", Op.79 (1948)
- Symphony No.27 in C minor, Op.85 (1949)