The Indian Queen, Z.630 (Purcell, Henry)
No files submitted.
These file(s) are part of the Werner Icking Music Collection.
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For 2 Voices and Continuo
London: J. Heptinstall, 1695.
1. Movt. 4b, Aria, "Wake Quivera, wake"
2. Movt. 4d, Aria, "Why should men quarrel"
3. "Their looks are such that Mercy show"
4. Movt. 6, Aria, "I come to sing great Zempoalla's story"
5. "Scorn'd Envy, here's nothing that thou canst blast"
6. Movt. 13, Aria, "Ye twice ten hundred deities" ("Begone, curst Fiends of Hell")
7. Movt. 17a, Duet, "Ah! Ah! How happy are we!"
8. "I attempt from Love's sickness to fly in vain"
9. Movt. 19, Aria, "They tell us that you mighty powers above"
For Trumpet, Trombone and Organ (Rondeau)
For Trumpet and Organ (Rondeau)
Why Should Men Quarrel?
For 4 Recorders (Tennent)
|Work Title||The Indian Queen, Z.630|