- Meditation (Orchestra)
- Chorus (Levites) and Solo (Tenor). -"Seek Him that maketh the seven stars"
- Recit. (Contralto) and Chorus (Disciples).-"As Jesus passed by"
- Solo (Soprano). -"Be not extreme, O Lord"
- Solo (Baritone) - "Neither hath this man sinned"
- Chorus. -"Light out of the darkness"
- Recit. (Contralto and Baritone). -"And when He had thus spoken"
- Chorus or Duet (Soprano and Contralto). -"Doubt not thy Father's care"
- Soli (Contralto and Tenor) and Chorus. -"He went his therefore"
- Solo (Tenor). -"As a spirit didst Thou pass before mine eyes"
- Recit. (Contralto) and Chorus. -"They brought him to the Pharisees"
- Solo (Contralto). -"Thou only hast the words of life"
- Recit. (Soprano, Contralto, and Tenor) and Chorus. -"But the Jews did not believe"
- Solo (Soprano) and Chorus of Women. -"Woe to the shepherds of the flock"
- (a) Recit. (Contralto, Tenor and Baritone). -"Jesus heard that they had cast him out"
(b) Solo (Baritone). -"I am the Good Shepard"
- Chorus. -"Light of the World, we know Thy praise"
||Voices, chorus, orchestra
- soprano, contralto, tenor, baritone
- Mixed Chorus (SATB)
- 2 flutes (2nd also piccolo), 2 oboes, 2 clarinets (B♭), 2 bassoons, contrabassoon
4 horns (2 in F, 2 in B♭/E♭), 2 trumpets (F/C), 3 trombones, tuba
2 timpani, cymbals, organ, harp, strings