The Little Duchess (De Koven, Reginald)
Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
No files submitted.
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Piano Solo (Unknown)
|Work Title||The Little Duchess|
|Composer||De Koven, Reginald|
|First Performance||1901-10-04 — New York: Casino Theater (Broadway premiere)|
|Librettist||Harry Bache Smith (1860-1936), John P. Harrington (1865–1939) and the composer|
|Composer Time Period||Romantic|
|Instrumentation||voices and theater orchestra?|
|Extra Information||additional music for this score provided by Ellen Wright(?) (poss. ?–1904??), A. Baldwin Sloane (1873?–1925), J. Rosamond Johnson (1873?–1954) and George Le Brunn (1863–1905). (IBDB)|
- Section listing from Reginald de Koven collection listing at Brandeis, box 10, folder 209.
At least 10 numbers:
- Those Great Big Eyes (music by Le Brunn)
- Flirtation Song
- Take Me Out and Float Me
- Menagerie Song
- Sadie (music by Le Brunn, words by J. P. Harrington)
- They Tell Me of You
- Make Allowances for Love (duet)
- In Society
- What are the Wild Wave Saying?
- Bathing Song
- According to a WorldCat entry, a manuscript copy of the full score is at UC Berkeley. There obviously will be solo voices involved, and probably an orchestra that involves winds/brass/percussion, but there is no way of knowing whether there is a chorus unless the UC Berkeley score can be examined. Accordingly, the instrumentation is tagged as undetermined.