This British series of sacred and secular choral works started in 1844, published every month in the eponymous journal, and then reprinted. The title was originally The Musical Times and Singing Class Circular, but the last four words were dropped in 1903. It was in Novello & Co.'s well-known octavo (small) format, and economically printed without a cover. The number of items reached 600 in 1896 and 1200 in 1940.
Arrangers and Editors
- 60. Nymphs of the Forest (Horsley, William) .
- 98. In Jewry is God Known (Clarke-Whitfeld, John).
- 188 I will Lift up Mine Eyes (Clarke-Whitfeld, John)...
- 239. Five Times by the Taper's Light (Storace, Stephen)
- 250. The Last Night of the Year (Sullivan, Arthur)
- 321. It Is High Time to Awake out of Sleep (Barnby, Joseph)
- 468. Break Forth Into Joy (Barnby, Joseph)
- 669. See amid the Winter's Snow (West, John Ebenezer)