- -Walker finished
Roemerle, welcome to IMSLP. I have a few suggestions:
- When submitting multiple files for one work, use "Add multiple files"
- If you make external links (eg in Sextett (Brauer, Max)), which is very welcome, please use a description, because displaying the URL is really ugly. The syntax for an external link is [url description].
- The link in Sextett (Brauer, Max) and others, to free-scores.com, is actually a framed link to University of Rochester, which has to be credited for scanning. Please link to the primary source.
- In the file you submitted to Water Music, HWV 348-350 (Handel, George Frideric) there is no allowance found for distributing the file. Do you have written approval of the author, or is there a license specified that allows distributing? If not, this file will have to go as there is copyright on the arranger.
Best regards, Peter talk 05:05, 29 July 2008 (EDT)
PS. You can simply reply here by clicking on "edit" on top of this page if you have questions about this.
- Hi Peter,
- I have changed the links to Rochester University, I hope it's ok now :)
- I have a question to the file in Water Music, HWV 348-350 (Handel, George Frideric). As far as I can see, the arranger publishes this file himself on his website. Isn't there any chance to put it on IMSLP then? I have added a link to the file on his website, I hope that's ok.
- Best regards Roman
Hello, the links are in the right syntax, but they direct to the wrong page. Concerning the water music, we will have to need written permission from the arranger as no permission is on his website. Thanks , Peter talk 17:21, 29 July 2008 (EDT)
Regarding instrument lists
I see that you have done much work on lists for various instruments. I wanted to notify you that they will be superseded by a different system in a few months, and the current instrument lists will need to be re-inputted (most likely manually) into the new system. Therefore, I would myself discourage working extensively on the current instrument lists so that you do not have to redo everything when we transition to the new system. Obviously there are a lot of other things to do on IMSLP (submitting scores, etc), so perhaps that is more productive? Just a thought :-) Thank you for the work you have already done, however! --Feldmahler 15:36, 4 August 2008 (EDT)
well....a new system for instrument lists...thats good news :-)
Do you already know what kind of system that will be? Perhaps my work was not completely useless??
--Roemerle 22:23, 4 August 2008 (MESZ)
- Well, I do know what it is because I'm the one designing it ;-) And your work is certainly not useless; 1) it will help people for the next few months, and 2) it will drastically speed up conversion to the new system since we don't have to look for the pages. But I won't work on it too much just because it is, after all, faster to do it directly on the new system. :-)
- I've also added a note to the instrument list main page so that other people know. --Feldmahler 16:04, 4 August 2008 (EDT)
- Alright :) I had already updated the wind instrument lists so far, and I think I'll try to add newly uploaded files, because these 6 lists are kind of my babies at the moment ;-) But no more extensive work on these lists, I promise :-)
- Roemerle 16:27, 4 August 2008 (EDT)