||Flor Alpaerts (1876–1954)
||Dutch (Flemish?) / French / German
||Peter Benoit Orkestpartituren, III Vlaanderen's Kunstroem|
Antwerp: Peter Benoit-Fonds, n.d. Plate 17.
||Original images: ca.300dpi, color jpg files approx. 3150 by 450 pixels. Editing: re-sampled to 600dpi, converted to black and white tif files, de-skewed, and set uniform margins.
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1877-06-23 (date of completion)
||1877-08-18 — Antwerp, Groenplaats: Peter Benoît (conductor)
||Julius De Geyter (1830–1905)
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Choruses and Orchestra
Voices: mixed chorus (SATB), boys choir
- 2 piccolos, 2 flutes, 3 oboes/English horn, piccolo clarinet (E♭), 2 clarinets (B♭), soprano saxophone (B♭),
- tenor saxophone (B♭), bass clarinet (B♭), 2 bassoons, contrabassoon
- 6 horns (C), 6 trumpets (C), 6 Theban trumpets (3 in B, 3 in A♭), 3 alto trombones,
- tenor trombone, 2 bass trombones, tuba, bass tuba
- timpani, triangle, cymbals, snare drum, bass drum + strings
||Peter Benoit - Oeuvrecatalogus
The cantata was written for a festival in Antwerp commemorating the 300th anniversary of the birth of Peter Paul Rubens.