||German / English
||Theodore Baker, English text
||Library of Musical Classics, Vol.1044|
New York: G. Schirmer, 1901. Plate 15985.
||Original images: ca.300dpi, grayscale jp2 files approx. 2025 by 3050 pixels. Editing: re-sampled to 600dpi, converted to black and white tif files, de-skewed, and set uniform margins.
||English / German
||New York: G. Schirmer, n.d.[ca.1907]. Plate 19164.
||copyright 1901 probably from Plate 15985. (see above)|
Plate table indicates this single song was first published ca.1907.
This file is part of the Sibley Mirroring Project.
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Clarinet, Viola and Piano (Van der Grinten)
PDF typeset by arranger
For 2 Voices, 2 Violins, Viola and Cello (Büntzly)
||Moravské dvojzpěvy ; Klänge aus Mähren
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
||Op.32 ; B.60 (2nd series), B.62 (3rd series)
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- A já ti uplynu/The Fugitive. Allegretto (D major)
- Velet’, vtáčku/Fly Sweet Songster. Andante (G major)
- Dyby byla kosa nabróšená/The Slighted Heart. Allegro (F major)
- V dobrým sme se sešli/Parting Without Sorrow. Allegretto scherzando (E♭ major)
- Slavíkovský polečko malý/The Pledge of Love. Allegro (E minor)
- Holub na javoře/Forsaken. Allegro scherzando (G minor)
- Voda a pláč/Sad of Heart. Moderato (D major)
- Skromná/The Modest Maid. Larghetto (A♭ major)
- Prsten/The Ring. Allegro (A major)
- Zelenaj se, zelenaj/Omens. Allegro molto (C major)
- Zajatá/The Imprisoned Maid. Andante cantabile (D major)
- Neveta/Comfort. Andantino-Allegretto grazioso (C major)
- Šípek/The Wild Rose. Allegro (B♭ major)
- Život vojenský/The Soldier's Farwell. Allegro (B♭ major)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1876 (May 17-21) (2nd series)|
1876 (June 26-July 13) (3rd series)
||1876 (May-June) (2nd series) |
- Marie Neffová (soprano)
Marie Blažková (alto)
Antonín Dvořák (piano)
||1876 - Prague: Emanuel Starý (all but no.14)|
1914 - Prague: Hudební Matice (no.14)
||Folksongs (as edited by František Sušil)
||Czech (+ translations)
||Jan Neff and Marie Neffová
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||soprano, alto, piano
Wikipedia article (covers Opp.20,32,38)
- Composed 1st series, Op.20, 1875 (= B.50)
- Composed 2nd series, Op.32/1-5, 1876 (= B.60)
- Composed 3rd series, Op.32/6-14, 1876 (= B.62)
- Composed 4th series, Op.38, 1877 (= B.69)
Op.32 has the 14 pieces listed here. So, instead of splitting things (which nobody has time to do), why not just leave this as a collection page (with double-billing) and set up separate pages for B.60, B.62, et al. as they arrive? Carolus
Or we can keep Op.32. They were all composed in the same year (edit: 3-year span but still) and make sense as one set, not the usual hallmark of a collection. The subdivision appears to be at least partially that of the posthumous cataloguers.-Schissel