||Sonatas for an Accompanied Solo Instrument, Op.1
||Solos for a German Flute a Hoboy or Violin with a Thorough Bass for the Harpsichord or Bass Violin
||XV Handel solo sonatas; Sonate di Händel per solista
||Handel, George Frideric
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
||None [force assignment]
- [1a]. Flute Sonata in E minor, HWV 379
- 1b. Flute Sonata in E minor, HWV 359b
- 2. Recorder Sonata in G minor, HWV 360
- 3. Violin Sonata in A major, HWV 361
- 4. Recorder Sonata in A minor, HWV 362
- 5. Flute Sonata in G major, HWV 363b
- 6. Violin Sonata in G minor, HWV 364a
- 7. Recorder Sonata in C major, HWV 365
- 8. Oboe Sonata in C minor, HWV 366
- 9. Flute Sonata in B minor, HWV 367b
- 10a. Violin Sonata in G minor, HWV 368 **
- 10b. Violin Sonata in A major, HWV 372 (No.14 in Chrysander)
- 11. Recorder Sonata in F major, HWV 369
- 12a. Violin Sonata in F major, HWV 370 **
- 12b. Violin Sonata in E major, HWV 373 (No.15 in Chrysander)
- . Violin Sonata in D major, HWV 371
- . Flute Sonata in A minor, HWV 374 **
- . Flute Sonata in E minor, HWV 375
- . Flute Sonata in B minor, HWV 376
- . Sonata for Viola da gamba and Harpsichord **
- **Attribution to Handel spurious or doubtful.
Numbers in square brackets are from Chrysander.
||1727 ca. - Amsterdam: Jeanne Roger (RISM A/I: H 1340)*
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Solo: flute, recorder, oboe or violin, viola da gamba|
Accompaniment: continuo (harpsichord, cello or bass violin)
||Sonatas for Instrument solo (Wikipedia)|
Walsh listing (Wikipedia)
Chrysander listing (Wikipedia)
||*This page is for collections of Handel's sonatas for an accompanied solo instrument published at various times as his Op.1. It includes the 12 sonatas originally issued by Walsh in 1730 plus another two sonatas (10b and 12b) substituted by Walsh in a corrected 1732 reprint. |
Additionally, this page includes the 5 additional sonatas (another violin sonata, three early flute sonatas and a viola da gamba sonata) which appeared in Chrysander's 1879 volume (also in vols.27, 48 of the HGA).