⇒ 5 more: 2. Gloria • 3. Credo • 4. Sanctus • 5. Benedictus • 6. Agnus Dei
||Holograph manuscript, 1776.
||Walter Senn (1904–1981)
||Neue Mozart-Ausgabe, Serie I, Werkgruppe 1,|
Abteilung 1: Messen und Requiem: Messen, Bd.3 [NMA I/1/Abt. 1/3] (pp.3-114)
Kassel: Bärenreiter-Verlag, 1980. Plate BA 4585.
This “urtext” or “scholarly” (scientific) edition was published at least 25 years ago in Germany and thus is public domain in its country of origin. Such editions are also public domain in Canada because they fail to meet the minimum ‘threshold of originality’ to qualify for copyright as an ‘adaptation’. It may not be public domain elsewhere, however. More information about this can be found here.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||This file is mirrored from the Neue Mozart-Ausgabe.
||Missa in C
||Credomesse ; Credo Mass ; Mass No.10
||Messe in C-Dur KV 257; Misa Credo; Messa in do maggiore K 257; Credo Mass; Missa brevis núm. 11; Messe en ut majeur K. 257
||Credomesse; Credo-Messe; Spaur-Messe; Misa «Credo»
||WorldCat; Wikipedia; VIAF: 177018447; LCCN: n84002055; GND: 300109598; BNF: 13935655w; NLA: 35134546; BNE: XX3385451
||Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- I. Kyrie
- II. Gloria
- III. Credo
- IV. Sanctus
- V. Benedictus
- VI. Agnus Dei
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Voices: soprano, alto, tenor, bass; mixed chorus (SATB)|
Orchestra: 2 oboes, [bassoon], 2 clarini (C), 3 trombones (colla parte), timpani, strings (no viola), continuo (organ)
NMA score (sketches toward the mass)
NMA report (German)
NMA online gives "between 1775 and 1777", but there may be more recent scholarship. Several but not all of the movements (and with the Credo incomplete...) published in score by Breitkopf by 1803 (see NMA report, p. c/12 et seq.)
|Masses by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Missa brevis in G major, K.49/47d ("No.1")
- Missa brevis in D minor, K.65/61a ("No.2")
- Mass in C major, K.66 ("No.3" or "Dominicus")
- Missa solemnis in C minor, K.139/47a ("No.4" or "Waisenhaus")
- Missa brevis in G major, K.140/Anh.C 1.12 ("No.5" or "Pastoral", spurious)
- Missa brevis in F major, K.192/186f ("No.6")
- Mass in C major, K.167 ("No.7")
- Missa brevis in D major, K.194/186h ("No.8")
- Missa brevis in C major, K.220/196b ("No.9" or "Spatzenmesse")
- Mass in C major, K.257 ("No.10" or "Credo")
- Missa brevis in C major, K.258 ("No.11" or "Spaur")
- Missa brevis in C major, K.259 ("No.12" or "Organ Solo")
- Mass in C major, K.262/246a ("No.13" or "Missa longa")
- Missa brevis in B-flat major, K.275/272b ("No.14")
- Mass in C major, K.317 ("No.15" or "Coronation")
- Missa solemnis in C major, K.337 ("No.16" or "Missa aulica")
- Mass in C minor, K.427/417a ("No.17" or "Great", incomplete)
- Requiem in D minor, K.626 (unfinished)