Possible merger with List of Compositions with Orchestral Cello Parts?-- Snailey Yell at me Email me 13:44, 14 February 2009 (EST)
Hmmm.... several thoughts on this page...
1. I would actually prefer a page dedicated to works with *complete sets* of parts - this would very useful for orchestras looking for new works to play. It is still useful to have a listing of which works have any parts available however. Apart from having spares/lost parts available for printing - these are good targets for people like me to complete the set, being partially done already.
I actually stopped adding works with just a single part available - I guess someone is working on dewatermarking orchestra parts - that makes a lot of single part entries.
2. We might move Band works to a separate page, since this page is growing so fast.
3. Rather than adding these piecemeal - It might be better to have formal categories for orchestra parts. In this case we would simply add [[Category: Orchestral Cello Parts]] to the bottom of pages that have these and have the system do this automatically. Do these exact a processing time penalty? When the set is complete, we would remove these probably and add them to [[Category: Orchestral parts complete]] or some such.
4. Also... who typeset all those Mozart symphonies! 41 of 'em ripe for picking :-)
Best Regards - --Homerdundas 10:45, 22 February 2009 (EST)
2. Good idea
1. I didn't know
3. That sounds great, but try implementing it.-- Snailey Yell at me Email me 10:50, 22 February 2009 (EST)