(The following text was automatically transcluded from Category:Inglott, William.)
William Inglott (1554 — bur. 31 December 1621)
= Alternative Names/Transliterations: Willyam; Inglotte, Inglot, Englitt
x Show works by type/instrument
- Detailed biography: HOASM, Wikisource, Wikipedia biography by Keith Johnson. It is not clear whether there were two people of this name, one in Norwich, one in Hereford; though it is also likely that they were one and the same person. The surviving compositions of William Inglott include two in the Fitzwilliam Virginal Book and an untitled piece in Will Forster's Virginal Book.
- Recordings: None given
Memorial inscription in Norwich Cathedral:
- Here Willyam Inglott Organist doth rest
- whose ARTE in musique this Cathedrall blest.
- For Descant most, for Voluntary all
- he past: on Organ, songe, and Virginall.
- he left this life at AGE of sixtie seaven
- and now mongst angells all sing saint in heaven
- His fame flies farr, his name shal neur die
- See ART and AGE here crowne his memory
- Non digitis Inglotte tuis terrestria tangis
- Tangis nunc digitis organa celsa poli
- Buried the last day of December 1621
- This erected the 15 day of Ivne 1622
Pages in category "Inglott, William/Collections"
This category contains only the following page.