Category talk:Bach, Johann Sebastian
Hi! I have a lot of Bach's work here, and I would like to suggest the creation of a "missing works list", so that people can help more efficiently. It would help a lot, since it would be easier to localize missing works, specially in such a prolific composer like Bach. Thanks!
Hi!! The Neumeister Chorales are missing. Does anyone know if they will be added? - PraeludiumUndFuge
Howdy... I didn't manage to find Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring. I thought the title would be in German, but didn't manage to find that. Other than that, I haven't noticed anything else missing.
Thanks! --Philip Addison Jones
- Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring is from Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben, BWV 147. Carolus 04:15, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks! --Philip Addison Jones
Greetings ! I have a hand copied version of Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring in my personal collection, as played on the organ by my organ teacher when I was a student in the 60's, and which I've recently edited with Finale, but wonder whether it's admissible for imslp. There are other versions around, the one by Duruflé in particular, but I have discovered the version I played with my teacher is very similar to the one concocted by René Capdeville (not on the list). Can anyone tell me if it's uploadable ? If so, I will. Jurabe
The notes on the Inventions are barelly visible when you print them out. I will upload another revision instead. --Funper 19:08, 14 April 2006 (CDT)
Hello all, Molinarius has noticed a few mistakes. I'll post the translations here. If I can help fixing them, let me know.
- Talk:Cantatas BWV 61-70 (Bach, Johann Sebastian) In BWV 69, the document page 24 is wrong.
- Talk:Cantatas, BWV 121-130 (Bach, Johann Sebastian) BWV 130 is only is only 38 pages long (page 39 belongs to some other cantata).
- Talk:Cantatas, BWV 141-150 (Bach, Johann Sebastian) In BWV 149, the document page 18 is wrong (p.287 of the edition instead of the correct p.278)
- Talk:Cantatas, BWV 161-170 (Bach, Johann Sebastian) In BWV 168, the document page 17 is wrong: In place of p.183 of the edition there is a subsequent page.
--Leonard Vertighel 03:32, 21 April 2007 (EDT)
- Hi Leonard! I think the best way to treat this is to thank the user who noticed this, and ask him to next time directly edit the work page and put this note in the "Misc Notes" section of the file entry. :) I haven't thought much about this, but maybe it might also be a nice idea to have a template for these "broken" file entries (which would be used in the "Misc Notes" section) so that we can track them down? I can't do anything now (have to go to sleep...), but just throwing some ideas out there :) --Feldmahler 03:59, 21 April 2007 (EDT)
Is anyone else having this problem? Whenever I try to download a file, a very small amount (usually 200-500 KB) will download, and then my download stops. Eventually the connection times out. Is this a problem on my part or the IMSLP?
Nerd011235 10:01, 21 August 2008 (EDT)
- I've had that problem a few times, but it wasn't consistent enough for me to think something with the actual file or site is corrupted. How constant is it? ---Philip Addison Jones
more missing works
There are some more missing works: I had problems to find the secular cantatas BWV 208-210. They should be on the page BWV 201-210, but there are only the works 201-207 listed. These three cantatas are published in Bd. 29 of the Bach Gesellschaft-Ausgabe. --Hofius 09:40, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
- I've found the problem, there was only a small error in the source code of the page Cantatas, BWV 201-210 (Bach, Johann Sebastian) which now is corrected. --Hofius 09:58, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
No offense to Bach, but I think the current picture is not as good as the Hausmann painting. Therefore I would like to change it... and will do so. --Philip Addison Jones
- You’ll find most of the other principal Bach portraits (apart from Copland’s!) are already uploaded on the Wiki, so you just have to substitute the desired filename at the line marked “|Picture=”
- Cheers, Philip @ © talk 03:11, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
I just get tired of seeing that lame one. --Philip Addison Jones
Perhaps I'm on my own here, but does Bach's page not seem just a tad ungainly? Do we really need to have 657 separate work-pages? I seem to remember the cantatas being grouped together at one point, but they're all listed separately now. Things like the Trio Sonatas for organ or the Concerto arrangements for organ could surely be put into one page? I dunno really, it just seems like grouping works would make the page much, much easier to navigate. Just a thought, I guess, feel free to ignore it. ^__^ --Irishmaestro 09:50, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
For some reason, Bach's "Violin Sonata in G minor, BWV 1020" falls before "Violin Concerto in A minor, BWV 1041" and isn't grouped with the rest of his violin sonatas. Any ideas? I have no idea how to fix that. Jefflyon 19:52, 22 December 2011 (UTC)