Le tombeau de Couperin (piano) (Ravel, Maurice)
Janet Seitzer (Piano)
Kenneth Gill, 2011.
Recorded 1985? (mono)
Unfortunately, the original tape has partly gone bad, so all of No.6 'Toccata' is rather distorted
First edition (reprint)
Paris: Durand & Cie., 1918. Plate D. & F. 9569.
Mineola: Dover Publications, 1997.
Titles and page numbers added. Scans lacking publisher info, plate and page numbers, etc.
Unidentified collection (pp.181-215) Unidentified Publisher, n.d.
Kiev: Muzyka, n.d.(ca.1975).
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Piano 4 Hands (Garban)
For Orchestra (Ravel)
- Andrew Sheffield, piano (Piano Society)
|Work Title||Le tombeau de Couperin|
|Year/Date of Composition||1914–17|
|First Performance||1919, Marguerite Long, piano|
|Dedication||1. To the memory of Lieutenant Jacques Charlot|
2. To the memory of Lieutenant Jean Cruppi
3. To the memory of Lieutenant Gabriel Deluc
4. To the memory of Piere and Pascal Gaudin
5. To the memory of Jean Dreyfus
6. To the memory of Captain Joseph de Marliave
|Composer Time Period||Early 20th century|
|Piece Style||Early 20th century|
|Related Works||See Le tombeau de Couperin (orchestra) for the later orchestral setting|
- Composed between 1914 and 1917 as a suite for solo piano.
- Nos.1, 3, 5 and 4 were orchestrated by Ravel in 1919 (see Le tombeau de Couperin (orchestra)).