No files submitted.
PDF typeset by editor
||Rondo in E major, D.506
||Adagio and Rondo in E major
||D.506 (Op.145 No.2)
|Year/Date of Composition
||Adagio: September 1818 (?); Rondo: 1816 (August ?) or June 1817 (?)
||1848 – Diabelli
||The Adagio is a shortened and transposed (from D♭ major) version of D.505 (by the publisher Anton Diabelli ?). The original version was first printed 1897 in the "Revisions-Bericht".
The Adagio introduction does not belong to the Rondo proper and was probably inserted by Diabelli. It is a transposed and abridged version of Schubert's original (D.505), which was intended to be the second movement of the Piano Sonata in F minor, D.625. This would suggest a composition date for the Adagio of September 1818, along with the remainder of the F minor sonata.
The Rondo has been variously suggested to be the fourth movement of the Piano Sonata in E minor, D.566, or to be the third movement and finale of another sonata (the first movement being the third of the 3 Klavierstücke D.459A and the second movement being the Adagio in C major D.349. The former suggestion would give a probable dating of June 1817; the latter would give a dating sometime in 1816 (perhaps August?).
|Schubert Piano Sonatas
- Sonata No.9 in B major, D.575 (Op.posth.147)
- Sonata No.10 in C major, D.613 (incomplete)
- Sonata No.11 in F minor, D.625 (incomplete)
- Sonata No.12 in C♯ minor, D.655 (incomplete)
- Sonata No.13 in A major, D.664 (Op.posth.120)
- Sonata in E minor, D.769A (incomplete)
- Sonata No.14 in A minor, D.784 (Op.posth.143)
- Sonata No.15 in C major, D.840 ("Reliquie") (incomplete)
- Sonata No.16 in A minor, D.845 (Op.42)
- Sonata No.17 in D major, D.850 (Op.53) ("Gasteiner")
- Sonata No.18 in G major, D.894 (Op.78) ("Fantasie")
- Sonata No.19 in C minor, D.958
- Sonata No.20 in A major, D.959
- Sonata No.21 in B♭ major, D.960